About This CourseOur Cliff College Certificate in Parenting for Faith short course is designed to stretch, inform and inspire as the questions below are explored. It is designed for those working in a professional or voluntary capacity with children, young people, and families in churches. This course will equip you to successfully support parents and carers as they disciple their children and explore what parenting for faith might look like in your church and community. What is it to share Christian faith within the family? How can we better parent the children of our communities to grow in God, or as adults accompany children on the Christian journey? What can it mean for the Church to support a family and have effective input into young people’s lives? How can we develop confidence in parents around prayer and the sharing of the Bible story? This short course will help people working with children, youth and families in their churches and communities learn how to position themselves for maximum impact; develop foundational values and practices to operate out of, and establish practical steps to shape a culture where parenting for faith can flourish. Subject areas include:
- the current crisis in spiritual parenting
- an overview of Parenting for Faith and its five key tools
- skills and values you need to successfully support your families
- Parenting for Faith in children’s and youth work and intergenerational spaces
- working with your church and planning your next steps.